Pupil Numbers

Pupil Numbers:  Update – 27.4.12

The figures are changing daily.  I will keep you updateed with the number of children at each stage and then make the final decisions about the class configurations in June.  The changes will be from P1 to P5. Please note – the P6/7 situation will not change, this class will run with 8 children!

P1 – 35

P2 – 14

P3 – 13

P4 – 6

P5 – 15

P6 – 4

P7 – 4

Additional information on class sizes

P1 – 25 maximum   –    P2 and P3 – 30 maximum for single class   –  P4 to P7 – 33 maximum class size for single class

Composite classes at any stage – 25 maximum

The closing dates for parents wishing to transfer  their children to St Bernadette’s has now passed.  The  class configurations for session 2012/2013 will be:

Nursery 20 AM and 20PM places

Two P1 classes

• 16 and 17 children

Primary 2/3 – 24 children

• 12 at P2 and 12 at P3

Primary 4/5 – 20 children

• 5 at P4 and 15 at P5

Primary 6/7 – 8 children

• 4 at P6 and 4 at P7

Figures updated (17th April 2012)  These are the latest figures I have; they may be subject to change if we have more children enrolling at the school before the end of June.

8 thoughts on “Pupil Numbers

1. I was at the meeting last night and am a bit concerned that there is to be a composite P1/2 class instead of 2 P1 classes as advised previously. How are you going to allocate which P1 children are going to be in the P1/2 class?

Thanks
    Kathleen

• Hi Kathleen,
      As I had previously advised, the prediction of class configurations was always going to be subject to change as more children enrolled. The numbers I now have mean that this is the only possible class configuration I can manage with the number of teachers I have been allocated.
      I will decide which children will be in the P1/2 class after Miss Savage and I have met the children and had the chance to talk to their nursery. I will take into account dates of birth and will also ensure that the children have nursery friends in their class.
      Please do not be concerned about composite classes. They do not disadvantage children in any way! All classes are, in reality, composite classes. The teacher will plan the curriculum to ensure they meet the needs of every individual child in their class; regardless of their stage.
      Hope this reassures you.
      Cathy

2. Good Morning

My son Shaun is in Larbert Day Nursery.
    I know that there are 4 other children in P1 .

I just wondering if you have consider to allocate all the children in the same P1 or they may be split.

Also if I am not asking too much, do you know roughly when you will visit the children in the nursery.

Thanks in advance

Rosanna

• Hello Rosanna,

Thanks for contacting me. When we are planning the P1 classes we will take into account the nursery the children have attended so that they have children they know in their class. I am hoping to start visiting the nursery children towards the end of May. Sorry I can’t be more specific at this point. I will be in Kinnaird primary from 10am until 3pm on Friday if you need to speak to me.

Regards

Cathy

3. Thanks for update.
    Just wondering if you could break down the classes further i.e. How many P2s, P3s etc? Year Groups and Class sizes seem to have changed quite a lot since your original estimations.
    Thank you

• Hi Angela,
      I have updated the figures to show the number of pupils at each stage. The figures have changed quite a bit but this was expected as some parents were waiting to make their final decision about transferring. The numbers should remain pretty stable now although we may get more children enrolled at P1.

Cathy

4. I was wondering if you had any further idea on how the classes will be made up? I believe at the meeting on 26th March there were to be two P1’s a P2/3, etc Has this changed to the above format?
    Thank you

• Hi Emma,

I have just updated this on the blog this afternoon. Feel free to come into Kinnaird on Thursday if you want to discuss this further.

Cathy