After School Care

There seems to be some misunderstanding about after-school care.  It is not the school or the authority who provide this.  These service are provided by a number of private businesses who have been approved by the authority.  They run before and after school care as a business and this has to be financially viable for them.

I am really hoping that we will have enough parents who will require this service and that one of these partners will set up a provision in St Bernadette’s.  I will do my best to make this happen but as I say, they need to have enough numbers to make this a financially viable option. As soon as I have enough information about numbers I can take this forward. 

If we do not have enough parents using the service in year one to set this up in St Bernadette’s, I have been assured by ‘First for Kids’ that they can collect the children and take them to nearest provision. 

I am really hoping that there will be enough demand in year one for the provision to take place in the school but this will not be my decision.  I will approach all of the provisions when I have number to give them.

I will send out a letter with a tear-off slip to gather final numbers.

I hope this helps clarify the situation.

Cathy Quinn