Children’s Page

Thursday 23rd August

Well boys and girls you have now been St Bernadette’s Primary School pupils for two whole days. ๐Ÿ™‚ ย What has it been like so far? ย Have you done anything in class you have really enjoyed? ย Have you been in a part of our lovely building that you really like? Have you met lots of new friends? ย Let us know by leaving a comment. ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Sunday 5th August

Not long now children!! If you have been in for a visit let me know what you think of our new school.

Thursday 21st June

Did you enjoy meeting your teacher and the other staff?ย  I have been looking at you collages and they are very good ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Don’t worry if you haven’t finished yours, you can bring it at the start of the term.

Keep in touch during the holidays.

ย 

Tuesday 19th June

Hello children – you have been very quiet.ย  You must be very busy with school trips and end of year concerts.ย  I am looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow evening.ย  Remember to bring your collage with you if you have had time to finish it.ย  Don’t worry if you need a bit more time you can bring it after the holiday.

I can’t wait to see them all!

Mrs Quinn ๐Ÿ™‚

It is very improtant to keep safe when using the internet visit the site below and try out the quizย http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/help/web/staysafe/ย  Let me know how wellย you do. ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

ย 

Don’t forget your family homeworkย .ย Here is a reminder of the task.

Your Family Task – All about You Collage!

Please make a collage that tells us all about you and your family.ย  Your collage should:

• Be no bigger than 42cm x 60cm in size (4 x A4)

• Have a picture of you in the middle

• Include your wish for St Bernadetteโ€™s

Some ideas!

• Show the people who stay in your house

• Show us your pets?

• Tell us about Hobbies

• Tell us about your favourite films, music…

• Celebrate your talents

• Tell us your wish for St Bernadetteโ€™s

• Add anything else that you like!

This can be a mixture of photographs, drawings, material, writing etc.ย  Just use your imagination and get all of your family to help you.ย  Please bring your completed collage along to the family meeting in St Bernadetteโ€™s on:

WEDNESDAY 28TH JUNE AT 6:30

We will display these in the school and then keep them in a very special book.ย  Good luck!

Let me know how you are getting on ๐Ÿ™‚

*************************

ย 

After School Clubs

Hello children!ย  Please leave some comments and let me know what kind of after-school clubs you would like to have in the school.

ย 

*******************************************************

How are you feeling?ย  Vote now or better still leave a comment!

How are you feeling about moving to St Bernadette’s
pollcode.com free polls

CLICK ON VIEW AND YOU WILL SEE THE RESULTS AND COMMENTS SO FAR

79 thoughts on “Children’s Page

1. Big well done to St Bernadette’s football team, they were fantastic and showed great sportsmanship! They did Mr Clark and themselves proud.
    Looking forward to their next game!

• We currently have a P4-7 drama club and a P2/3 science club which take place after school. At lunchtimes we have a skipping club which is organised by our pupils and also a paired reading club. Hope this helps. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hi Erin,
      Lunch is from 12.15pm until 1.00pm.
      Mrs Cully

• Hi Molly,
      I think that age 10 would be the P6/7 class with Miss McNally. If your parents wish to visit with you they are most welcome and we could double check.
      Mrs Cully

2. St.bernadette’s is an awsome school I am really going to miss it when I go to high school. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• We have a drama club at St Bernadette’s. ๐Ÿ™‚

• We have a drama club here at St Bernadette’s where we do lots of acting, singing and dancing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mr Cloherty

3. i might be moving to bernadettes so what time does school start and finsh
    who would be my teacher if i was in p6

• School starts at 9am and finishes at 3pm. The P6/7 teacher is Miss McNally. Look at the staff page for more details.

Mr Cloherty ๐Ÿ™‚

4. hi mrs Quinn,
    i cant belive that tomorrow is the first day of school i willl misss all my friends from st.francis but i am sure i willl meet up with then a some point or another……the p7 classs room loooks great and i trien on my unifor and i klove it it cant wait to see the school pictures……i have finshed my colllage and i cant wait to hand it in…..:)

• The summer holidays went in really quick didn’t they Erin? I’m glad you like your classroom and uniform. We are looking forward to seeing your collage.

Mr Cloherty ๐Ÿ™‚

5. I can’t wait to go to the new school. I do hope I will make new friends. Also I want some challenges.

Ethan P3

• Hi Ethan,

I hope that you enjoyed your first day at St Bernadette’s and met lots of new friends.

Mr Cloherty ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Not long now ! Really enjoyed seeing round the new school , it’s fab !
    We are hoping to cycle on Wednesday is there somewhere to lock bikes up ?
    Good luck to all the children and staff of St Bernadette’s !!!

• Hi Jane,

There is a bicyle shelter outside the staff entrance to the school. Bikes can be left in there but we would advise you to bring a chain for the bike as there will be points in the day where the shelter will be open.

John Cloherty

7. I am really looking forward to being in my new class, making new friends and meeting new teachers : ) I just picked up my new school uniform today and it’s really pretty………..I love it! I just can’t wait till Wednesday : )

• I am really looking forward to seeing all of the children in their uniforms. I am sure you will all look really smart.

Mrs Quinn ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Hi, Mrs Quinn. I think the school looks really colourful and bright. The playground is huge I can’t wait to play on the assault course.

9. The school was amazing. I loved every single classroom. I really loved the playground as it is really big for running in. I hope my sister likes the nursery too.

10. Hi Mrs Quinn I loved seeing the new school and the playground it looks lovely. I have just read that our class is going to be primary 4/5 but I don’t know much people that will be in primary 4 but I will meet them soon.

Love Abbie

• You will Abbie! It will be nice for the P4 children to have some friends in P5.

See you soon ๐Ÿ™‚

11. thank you Phobe and Ellie the really kind i can’t wait to start and meet everybody again i hope you’ve had a fab summer and i’m sorry this message is a little late but i didn’t want to think about school because it’s SUMMER!!!! the best time of the year

12. Hello Jennifer (and your mum),
    Thanks for your message, that is great that you are going to St Bernadette’s too. Would love to walk to school with you. We will need to make a plan to arrange to meet! Hollie’s mum has my mum’s mobile number. Looking forward to seeing you soon ๐Ÿ™‚
    Rosie

13. I really like the new school. I cant wait to move! I also really like the facilates in the classroom.

14. Hi Mrs Quinn
    I am so happy that the new school is going to be opening very soon. Miss Allan is so so nice and she is going to be an amaizing teacher. I hope the new school goes really well and i hope i learn lots of new things and i hope i make lots of new things!!!
    bye bye xxx

• Hello Francesca,
      You sound really excited! It wont be too long now. Enjoy your holiday:)

15. I’m so excited to start St Bernadettes.Who else is in Miss.McNally’s class? I’m looking forward to making new friends . This opportunity doesn’t come around every day. It was a hard decision, did anyone else find it hard to pick to go to the new school? From Rosie

• Hi Rosie,
      I am sure it was a very difficult decision. I am sure you will make lots of new friends in St Bernadette’s. It is very natural to feel a bit anxious but don’t worry it will be great!
      Mrs Quinn ๐Ÿ™‚
      Rosie will be in P6 so maybe some of the children in P6/7 could leave a comment for Rosie to make her feel welcome.

• Hi rosie,I found it very difficult too making the decision to move and I’m feeling very anxious now about leaving my classmates on Friday. But I think we are going to have a fantastic years and you’re lucky as you will have 2years to enjoy, I also think Miss McNally is lovely and I’m excited to meet her again;-)

• Hello Rosie, my name is Ellie and I will be in P7 so we’ll be in the same class. I was nervous as well about moving to the new school but I’m really looking forward to it now. I have a sister called Abbie who will be in P5 and a little brother called Lucas who will be in the nursery. I’m looking forward to seeing you and getting to know you better in August. Have a great summer. From Ellie ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hi Rosie
      I saw your message and wanted you to know that my daughter, Jennifer Silcock (prev from P4 at Carron Primary) will also be going to the new school. She too is very anxious about the move and leaving all her friends behind and we have had some tears but she knows this is a wonderful opportunity and she can still keep in touch with her old friends if she wants to and she will also be making lots of new friends too. Have you seen the playground – it looks amazing! Jennifer is pleased that you are going to the new school as, although she doesnt know you that well, at least there will be a familiar face and maybe you’ll be able to get to know each other better at the new school – she will be going into P5. Maybe if you get to know each other, you could walk to school together. If you or your mum want to have a chat you can email me but dont worry I’m sure the new school will be a good move and sounds as though it will be a very happy place to be. from Wendy (Jennifer’s mum) x

16. Hi Mrs Quinn

I loved meeting my new teacher Mrs Allen she is very nice. I will be going to St. Bernadette’s with some of my best friends Cara ,Eve and Francesca.

• I am pleased you had a good time meeting Miss Allen. Have a great holiday and I will see you in August.

Mrs Quinn:)

17. Hi. My collage was A4. i was wondering if i could make another one during the holidays because i never got to fit much writing or detail in?

Thanks again,
    Lucy:D

• Hello Lucy,
      Off course you can do your collage again; the bigger size will allow you to fit some more onto it.
      Have a great holiday

Mrs Quinn:)

18. I Loved the game that we played with miss baker you are the most fun teacher in the school I can’t wait until you are my new teacher I will see you after the summer holidays

love hayleigh xxx

• Thanks for your message Hayleigh – Miss Baker will be delighted!

Have a great holiday.
      Mrs Quinn ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks for your comments Hayleigh – Miss baker will be delighted.

Have a great holiday.

Mrs Quinn ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thank you Hayleigh. I’m glad you enjoyed it. I am also looking forward to starting school after the summer. Enjoy your holidays.

Miss Baker

19. I loved my new teacher Miss Allan great idea of first making a spider web and then making a dream catcher and put your dream for St.Berndatte’s at the bottom.I think she is the best teacher in the whole school.I have never thought that a new calthoic school would be right next to my house.

love caraxx

• That is a great idea Cara. I am sure Miss Allen will be delighted with your comments. We have waited a long time for our school but we are nearly there now.

Mrs Quinn:)

20. It was great to see my new teacher;) I cant wait until the holidays are finished so that i can get to see my new school! it looks great so far;)

have a nice summer

from lucy:D

• Hello Lucy,
      I am glad you enjoyed meeting your teacher. I know that all of the teacher enjoyed meeting the children too.
      I hope you have a lovely holiday!

Mrs Quinn:)

21. Hi,
    Just to let you know the day is wrong for the meeting on 28th June. It should be thursday and not wednesday.

regards,

A. Smiles

• Thank you for letting me know. This meeting has changed to Wednesday 20th June in Kinnaird Primary.

Cathy:)

• Hello Lucy,
      House systems are a great way to allow children of all ages to work together. We can talk about this with pupils and parents in our first year.

Mrs Quinn ๐Ÿ™‚

22. I was thinking we could have lots of talent shows and some out door gym, games and sports clubs.

• We have such a great playground we will certainly have lots of outdoor learning activities.

Mrs Quinn:)

23. Hello Mrs Quinn.

I was wondering,will their be a talent show like at St Francis?
    Ellie

• Hi Ellie,
      I am sure there will be lots of talented children so we will need to think about opportunities to allow children to display their talents.

Good news about your logo too! The architects liked it so much that they are going to put it onto the glass doors at the front of the school.
      I have you prize – this will be presented to you at our next meeting:)
      Mrs Quinn ๐Ÿ™‚

24. I would love to have cycling, basket ball, running and football at my new school.

I can’t wait to start.

Connor ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hello Connor – it is lovely to hear from you. I saw you at the last meeting but I didn’t get the chance to talk to you. You have got very tall since I last saw you!!! We hope to get lots of after-school activites set up Connor ๐Ÿ™‚

25. Hello Mrs Quinn

I have just watched a programme on stv called Animal 999 and the scottish SPCA visited a school and the lady explained what they did. I was wondering if we could get different groups to come visit us and explain what they did. It really looked interesting ;D

• Hi Niamh,
      We will invite lots of different people and groups in to talk to us. When we have our ‘World of Work’ weeks we could ask the RSPCA to come!
      Mrs Quinn ๐Ÿ™‚

26. Hello Mrs Quinn,
    I was wondering if we could have a book club where you go and pick a book in the library.You have a week to read the book then you come back and discuss it with the other people in the club ๐Ÿ™‚ You can also share recommendations and write reviews to put on a notice board. I hope you like this idea. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am very excited about moving to the school ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hello Isabella,
      The teachers and I are currently looking at lots of different ideas to encourage children to read more. I really like your idea! Have you had a look at the new pictures that I added today?

Mrs Quinn ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hello Isabella,
      The teachers and I are currently looking at lots of different ideas to encourage children to read more. I really like your idea! Have you had a look at the new pictures that I added today? I am excited too Isabella – not long to go now.

Mrs Quinn ๐Ÿ™‚

• hi, i would like to have a bookclub as well. i think this is a great idea.i love reading so i would love to join it!

Lucy ๐Ÿ˜€

• Hi Lucy,
      The teachers and I are currently choosing all of the books for St Bernadette’s. It is great to hear that you love reading and we will certainly have opportunities for bookclubs.
      See you soon.

Mrs Quinn:)

27. I would like a drama and singing club, dancing club,gymnastics club, music club and a language club. Any of these would be great.

28. Hello Mrs Quinn,
    I thought as a lot of people might cycle to school a cycling club would be fun. I also do netball just now and it’s fun too:]

• Hi Phoebe,
      I can talk to the Active Schools Coordinator (Mr Bannerman) about this. I know that he already works with pupils to help them gain their cycle proficiency certificates. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Maybe we could combine the singing and drama club, although a school choir would be great. Are you a good singer Tom?

Mrs Quinn:)

29. We would like a drama club,a dancing club and a cross country club.We also like the idea of an art club.

• Hello Ellie and Phoebe,
      I am sure we will be able to organise these clubs.
      Mrs Quinn ๐Ÿ™‚